1/4 cup quinoa
|1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small tomato, cubed
1/2 medium-sized avocado, sliced
4 sprigs fresh herbs, finely minced
1. In small pot, add water and one pinch of salt, boil. Add quinoa and stir. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and leave covered.
2. In a bowl, whip eggs, then whip in yogurt. Add remaining sea salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil. Add Herbs de Provence and onion, saute until translucent.
4. Add garlic and tomato. Saute until juices are mostly evaporated. Add egg mixture and cook over low heat (with lid on) until fluffy, then turn off heat and remove lid.
5. On serving plate spoon half the quinoa mixture into a circular bed. In pan, fold omelet in half, then cut in half and place quarter circle on plate. Add half the avocado slices to top of omelet. Garnish with fresh herbs.
6. For an added treat, pair with watermelon, drizzled with lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
Recipe courtesy of Annabel from The Annabel Inn B&B in Old Town Cottonwood, AZ. theannabelinn.com