On this Savor Sunday, we’re featuring Feel Good Foodie‘s decadent Golden Milk Turmeric Latte from Yumna Jawad. This easy recipe is chock full of ingredients that strike the perfect balance between providing health benefits, while also being completely delicious in the process.
The benefits of Golden Milk are undeniable—it’s reportedly effective in decreasing depression symptoms, has been compared to anti-inflammatory drugs thanks to the curcumin within it, and is oozing in antioxidants. If you’d rather not take our word for it, then dive into the recipe yourself and indulge in the goodness of this creation. Full details on how to make the Golden Milk Turmeric Latte below.
Tips for Making An Unmatched Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
- To maximize the drink’s flavor and health benefits, be sure to check that your spices aren’t stale.
- Make the drink even healthier by simply swapping the honey for maple syrup or stevia—delicious and vegan, can it get any better?
The Ingredients You Need
- 2 cups almond milk
- In a microwave safe mug, heat the almond milk for about 1 minute, or to your desired temperature.
- Add a fresh shot of espresso or concentrated coffee to the warmed almond milk.
- Stir in the honey, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger & cayenne and whisk to combine. You can also use a milk frother, and froth for a couple minutes until you reach your desired froth level.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon and hemp seeds. Enjoy warm!
Photos and recipe courtesy of Feel Good Foodie.