SUGAR-FREE CRUST INGREDIENTS
1 cup walnuts or pecans, soaked and dehydrated
1 cup dried coconut, ground into a powder
3 Tbsp. xylitol or erythritol
1/16 tsp. high mineral salt
1 Tbsp. coconut oil or butter, softened or melted
1/8 cup cacao, carob or mesquite powder, optional
1 tsp. cinnamon dash cayenne
SUGAR-FREE CRUST DIRECTIONS
- Place all ingredients in your food processor fitted with the S-blade attachment.
- Process ingredients until the crust starts to rise on the sides of the processor’s bowl.
- Stop the machine and mix with a spatula or spoon.
- Assemble an 8-inch cheesecake pan with the bottom upside-down (with lip facing down). This makes it much easier to serve.
- Distribute crust evenly on the bottom of pan and firmly press down by hand, slightly pressing up the sides.
- Set in a freezer or refrigerator until ready to be filled.
1 1/8 cups macadamia nuts
1 tsp. agar-agar flakes mixed with 9 Tbsp. boiling water
1 cup + 3 Tbsp. purified water
1/2 cup erythritol or xylitol
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. high mineral salt
1 Tbsp. soy or sunflower lecithin
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 drops lemon essential oil or 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- Blend agar-agar and hot water together.
- Then blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until nuts are well blended and there is a smooth shine to the batter.
- Pour into the crust and allow to set in freezer for at least two hours or in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve topped with fresh berries.
Recipe courtesy of Elaina Love