Recipe and image courtesy of Delice Bistro in Tempe.
This delicate and sweet crepe is the perfect Mother’s Day brunch or breakfast treat.
FOR THE CREPE BATTER:
8 free range eggs
1 cup butter
6 cups milk, your choice
3 cups flour
4 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 Tbsp salt
Yields 15 crepes
FOR THE FILLING AND TOPPINGS:
2 oz. granola
2 Tbsp mixed berry marmalade or jam
2 Tbsp Greek yogurt Fresh mixed berries, your choice
1. Whisk eggs, milk, flour, sugars, salt and butter together to prepare crepe batter.
2. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes and then strain to remove any lumps.
3. Ladle 6 ounces of batter onto a heated skillet on medium and heat for one minute.
4. Flip over and cook for an additional minute, then remove from pan.
5. Add mixed berry marmalade and granola as desired, top with greek yogurt.
6. Fold crepe in half and then fold once more into a triangular shape.
7. Garnish with granola and fresh mixed berries.
For more recipes, visit greenlivingaz.com/recipes