Recreo’s Shrimp Crostini is the perfect appetizer for your next gathering! It’s an easy to follow recipe packed with flavor and uses easy to find ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil of your choice
- (5) 13/15 raw shrimp
- 5 slices of bread (French, baguette, or sourdough)
- 4-6 pats of butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 teaspoons white cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro or microgreens ( Garnish )
Clean and remove the tails of your shrimp. Bring a medium size pan with two tablespoons of oil to medium heat. Add shrimp to the pan with salt and pepper and sear on both sides. While shrimp is cooking, use enough butter to coat bread slices and toast until golden brown and set aside. Add garlic, shallots, and tomato halves to shrimp and cook for 30-45 seconds. Add cooking wine and let wine cook down until shrimp are thoroughly cooked through. Remove pan from heat and add remaining butter to the pan. Tilt the pan in a circular motion to let wine and butter combine into a creamy sauce. Add shrimp and tomato to bread slices and coat with sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro or microgreens.