Phoenix – Do you know a volunteer or nonprofit taking action to create a healthier planet? If so, help recognize them with a Cox Conserves Heroes nomination.
Visit CoxConservesHeroes.com between Aug. 17-31 to nominate a sustainability superstar and give them the chance to win up to $30,000 for the environmental nonprofit of their choice.
Nominate your Cox Conserves Hero today! Here’s how it works:
1. Nominate a Cox Conserves Hero: From Aug. 17-31, visit CoxConservesHeroes.com to nominate your hero. You’ll be asked to fill out a brief online form. Three finalists will be selected by an internal council for each category: Adult (18+), Youth (under 18) and Nonprofit.
2. Vote for Your Favorite: Once the finalists have been identified, we will profile each of them on the Cox Conserves Heroes site with a video sharing their story. You and the public will then be able to view the videos and vote from Oct. 3-10 for the nominee they feel is most deserving of the grand prizes.
We will announce the winners in October. In addition to individual recognition, all finalists and winners will receive cash awards to be donated to an environmental nonprofit of their choice courtesy of the James M. Cox Foundation.
New in 2022
Cox Conserves Heroes continues to recognize volunteers and nonprofits making a positive impact, but with a few key enhancements:
· New environmental focus areas: To align with Cox’s sustainability goals – to send zero waste to landfill by 2024, and to be carbon and water neutral by 2034 – Cox Conserves Heroes will focus on individuals and nonprofits who inspire and are making meaningful progress within three areas of environmental change: reducing carbon, energy and water use and minimizing waste sent to landfills.
· New recognition categories: This year, a volunteer or nonprofit can be nominated for recognition in one of three new categories: Adult (18+), Youth (under 18) or Nonprofit. The program will honor a total of six volunteers and three nonprofits.
· More prize money for winners: The total prize money has increased from $140,000 to $150,000. And for the first time ever, the winner of the non-profit category will receive The Jim Kennedy Award to honor Cox Enterprises Chairman Emeritus and James M. Cox Foundation Chairman Jim Kennedy, an environmentalist who started the Cox Conserves sustainability program in 2007.
Since 2008, we’ve honored more than 200 volunteers across the nation who have helped us make a significant impact on sustainability and environmental protection in our communities. The James M. Cox Foundation has donated more than $1.4 million to environmental nonprofits on behalf of the Cox Conserves Heroes program.
nominations due August 31
Chance to win $30K for your environmental nonprofit
Cox, its affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible. Previous Cox Conserves Heroes and finalists are not eligible. A volunteer or nonprofit can enter from anywhere in the US. Nonprofits are encouraged to enter a single completed project that was focused on carbon, water or waste reduction. Nominees who are minors (under age 18) must have a parent or legal guardian’s (“parent”) permission in order to be nominated and parents will be required to sign a permission form.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. In metro Phoenix, we serve approximately 2.5 million product subscribers, and in Southern Arizona, approximately 400,000 product subscribers, with residential and business digital television, 1G high speed Internet, security systems and digital telephone service over its own nationwide IP network. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. The 3,100 Arizona employees of Cox are proud to have topped numerous J.D. Power and Associates’ studies of customer satisfaction and for many years top “Ranking Arizona-Best of Arizona Business” list. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is dedicated to building a better future through our leading communications, automotive services and media companies. Our major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Cox Automotive and Cox Media Group. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Cox is a global company with $21 billion in annual revenues and brands that include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Cox Homelife. Founded in 1898 by Ohio Governor James M. Cox, the company is a family-owned business committed to its people, communities and the planet. To learn more about Cox, visit coxenterprises.com, view our Sustainability Report at coxcsrreport.com, or us follow us on Twitter via @CoxEnterprises and @AlexTaylor_Cox.