- 1/2 cup canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3 large cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
- 2 tsp kosher salt (divided use)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 sprigs cilantro, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 limes (divided use)
- 4 cups baby wild arugula leaves
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
Preheat the grill or grill pan, and oil lightly. While the grill heats, finely chop the chipotles and garlic until it forms a paste. Butterfly the chicken breasts. Place each slice of chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound the chicken firmly with the flat side of a meat mallet until the chicken slice is an even quarter inch thick. Season the chicken pieces on both sides with one teaspoon of the salt, and smear a thin, even layer of chipotle paste on both sides. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion, cilantro and avocado. Toss lightly with salt and the juice of one lime. Toss the mixture with the arugula, olive oil, and one teaspoon salt. Squeeze the second lime over the arugula.
Grill the chicken breasts for about two minutes on each side and place on serving plates. Divide the arugula among the plates and top each portion of chicken with a spoonful of the avocado salad. Serve with more limes, if you like.
Signature recipe courtesy of SOL Mexican Cocina