The 2023 Chinese New Year’s Day was January 22. According to the Chinese horoscope, the Yin Water Rabbit will reign through February 9, 2024. To prepare for an auspicious new year, try these tips below to energize your living spaces and your own personal energy field.
- To feel peaceful, joyful, and energized in 2023, commit to removing items in your living spaces that no longer serve you. Hopefully, you are setting some great intentions for this coming year to become the best version of you. Perhaps it is the cookies and the other sugary items that no longer speak to the healthier version of you. Or maybe it’s the pockets or mountains of clutter that you ignore. According to Feng Shui, anywhere in our home that is not receiving love and attention is a direct reflection that, somewhere in your life, YOU are not receiving love and attention. Let go of the stuff that holds you back and remove all clutter.
- Have increasingly more clarity and effectiveness this year by sitting or sleeping in the power positions of your home. You are in the power position of a room when you are able to see the entry door, but are not directly in front of it. Place yourself in the power position in all your rooms: in your office, living room, dining area, bedroom, and any other rooms you sit/stand in for long periods of time. If you can’t sit in the power position of the room, place a mirror opposite the entry from your alternate vantage point. According to Feng Shui, we do not want mirrors in our bedrooms, so utilize a very small mirror in this sacred space.
- Add living plants to your spaces. Plants nourish you with oxygen, and they also bring nature into your indoor environment. Being surrounded by nature is especially healing and considered very good Feng Shui. You will want to have a healthy, lush plant no further away than seven feet from where you sit or sleep. Choose plants with rounded leaves and no sharp edges.
- Take an assessment of your home to make sure everything is in good working order. As a Feng Shui consultant, I have my clients actually take a field trip around their home. During this process, they go outside to the front of their home as if they are a guest, and I ask them to look at their home very carefully, as if they were visiting for the first time. During this tour of your own home, look to see that everything is working and that nothing is broken, including within your front and backyards. According to Feng Shui, anything broken in your home represents something broken in your life. A gate that needs repairing, a household item left unmended – all of these items over time create agitation and frustration.
- Have fun and celebrate your blessings! Having a grateful heart is the very best Feng Shui. A joyful home will bring you much happiness and laughter. Plan parties and gatherings, and look for all you can to be grateful for. Toast to yourself and others often. Recognizing and acknowledging small and large blessings attracts and ensures that blessings will continue. Your home will be the home where everyone wants to go and won’t want to leave.
With these five easy steps, see what joy and positive energy you can usher into your life in 2023. For more information, visit elementsandenergy.com.